Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sy and Spring!


Isn't this little guy cute!! My newest nephew Sylar Jacob is starting to smile and giggle, it is very very very fun to be an Aunt x 6. The name is even starting to grow on me! We call him Sy, and Hunter likes Sy-guy. One of my favorite parts of going to chruch now is when Dawn looks at me smiles and hands me the baby, she knows I ALWAYS want to hold him!! I spent last weekend with my sister and the family at the Home and Garden show. They had a booth there for their construction and tree selling business. Rachel went with me on Friday night and I was there helping with the kids almost all day on Saturday. Over the two days I shared a grand total of 4 funnel cakes...delicious!! Walking around all the gardening displays (must have been at least 5 miles of walking over the two days) made me want to go outside and start planting flowers everywhere! Spring is finally here! I did plant some bulbs (lily of the valley and freesia) a few days ago and they are starting to grow already! so exciting! Anybody have any ideas for what plants to put in the yard?

2 comments:

  1. So cute! How lucky you are to be near your nieces and nephews and to see them grow up. I bet they love having their aunt around to spend quality time with them! The weather sounds nice there! Here we are still covered in snow (at least when I was home a week ago) so I haven't even begun to think about the garden. We don't plant flowers but I love planting herbs and vegetables. Have you ever thought about doing one? As for flowers...I have always loved daisies but the ones you have chosen sound nice too. How wonderful it will be to have fresh flowers at your fingertips! Glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! Anne (my sister) and John's house has a huge front and back yard and my sister and I raked up 15 bags full of leaves just in the backyard and we still weren't done! Finally my sister gave up and called a gardener. It took 3 guys over 3 hours to clean up the front and back yard which looks beautiful now! I don't know much about flowers but here my sister has a hydrangea bush, tons of azalea bushes and wisteria grows here like weeds it's beautiful and smells wonderful! Hydrangea's are my personal favorite but the wisteria and azaleas are beautiful as well.
    Sy-Guy is cute it makes me think of Bill Ny The Science Guy. I miss you all.

    ReplyDelete